Tag Archives: Holiday 2011 collection
Urban Decay is a great, trendsetting brand known for their bright, innovative eyeshadows. However, at $17 or more a pop, it can be quite expensive to buy their eyeshadows as singles. Luckily, they also put out a lot of limited edition value-priced makeup sets that make it much more affordable for you to collect their lovely colors. One such set is the Book of Shadows. This holiday season they have released their Book of Shadows Vol. 4 which offers 16 shades (10 of which are new and exclusive to this palette) for $64.
Tarte has released a limited edition collection of 5 of their LipSurgence jumbo lip pencils for this holiday season and they are calling it Lip Service. This collection is a steal at $29 given that each of these products is normally $24 apiece (so that makes it a $120 value)!
This value pack includes:
- 3 Natural Lip Lusters in Dazzled (pearly coral pink luster), Flashy (bright iridescent fuchsia luster), Glitzy (antique pink luster)
- 2 Natural Lip Tints in Perky (soft carnation pink tint), Swank (light cherry tint)
These shades are not available for purchase separately at this time.
All of the colors in the LipSurgence line are incredibly moisturizing and feel amazing on the lips so I love that about them. As far as the colors, I think this kit has a good variety of shades and most of them will look good on any skin tone. The “tint” shades are a little sheer with a nice amount of shine but not too shiny or sticky like a gloss. The “luster” shades are both glossy and have very finely milled glitter in them so they will sparkle more than the tints. The glitter is not chunky or gritty but the glitter will rub off during makeouts.
Tarte has really outdone themselves with The Starlet Limited-Edition Makeup Vanity, sold exclusively at Sephora. I really LOVE this set.
This set is priced at $52, and is a really incredible value. It includes:
- 24 eyeshadows
- 2 brand new shades of Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush
- Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Rose
- Mineral powder bronzer in Park Avenue Princess
- Deluxe samples of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara and multiplEYE primer