I am loving winged eyeliner right now and especially colorful winged eyeliner so here is a fun look I did using Teal colored liquid eyeliner and gold eyeshadow. This is a very simple look that you can do in just a few minutes once you have mastered the winged eyeliner. If you have not yet mastered winged eyeliner, fear not, just keep practicing, and you will get there.
You can do this look with any color eyeliner, even black if you don’t feel like rocking the bright colors. I think pink, blue, green, or purple would all look great with the golds though. You can also use any type of eyeliner you are comfortable with: gels, liquids, pencils, or even plain eyeshadow applied with a wet brush. It’s really up to you. I like using liquids for winged eyeliner because they create a really crisp line, but if you suck with liquids or don’t have any, you can totally make do with whatever you’ve got. Most of the eyeshadows I used are from the Urban Decay Naked Palette
1. Brush your medium gold shade across your lid up to your crease. You can use any general purpose brush here because you don’t need anything precise.
2. Use a low shimmer or matte shade with a fluffy blending brush to soften the edges of the medium gold and highlight your brow bones.
3. Thinly line your upper lash line stopping just before the end. Draw your wing and then connect by drawing a triangle from the center of your eyelid to the tip of the wing and then filling in the triangle.
4. (Optional) use a darker brown or gold along your crease and connect it with the tip of your wing
5. Brighten your eyes with a lighter, yellow gold in your tear duct area
Tools used to create this look:
- General purpose eyeshadow brush – something along the lines of Sigma E60 Large Shader Brush ($9)
- Soft, fluffy blending brush such as Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush ($9)
Products used to create this look:
- Lid: Half-baked from Urban Decay’s Naked Palette
- Crease: Smog from Urban Decay’s Naked Palette
- Brow bone: Virgin from Urban Decay’s Naked Palette
- Tear duct: Nars Goldfinger
- Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Siren
- Highlight – Tarte Amazonian clay shimmering powder in Champagne and Benefit High Beam
- Blush – Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Exposed
- Bronzer – Tarte mineral bronzer in Park Avenue Princess
- Tarte LipSurgence in Glitzy from the Lip Service Limited-Edition value set