Urban Decay is well known for it’s bright, bold, shimmery eyeshadows, and their 15th Anniversary Palette (reviewed here) has plenty of bright colors to work with. I created this fun, bright eye makeup look using just 2 eyeshadow brushes and 4 shades from Urban Decay’s 15th Anniversary Palette ($55 with free shipping at Sephora.com), plus some Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner.
This look is really easy to do as long as your brushes are decent quality. I recommend Sigma Brushes. They are inexpensive but work really well. When you need more precise application, like in the crease or lower lash line, work with only a small amount of color on the brush at once and only get color on the tip of the brush, so you can have better control over where the color goes. And, keep in mind, any time you are working with bright, highly pigmented colors, you will end up with some fallout below your eyes that you will need to clean up. If you have a hard time with this, you can apply your eye makeup first, clean up any messy fallout, and then apply your concealer/foundation.
Tools used to create this look:
- General purpose eyeshadow brush – something along the lines of Sigma E60 Large Shader Brush ($9)
- Soft, fluffy blending brush such as Sigma E35 Tapered Blending Brush ($9)
Products used to create this look:
- Deep End, Evidence, Blackout, and Vanilla from Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection
- Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner in Stingray
- Highlight – Tarte Amazonian clay shimmering powder in Champagne
- Blush – Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Blushing Bride
- Bronzer – Tarte mineral bronzer in Park Avenue Princess