I went shopping at Ten Thousand Villages recently and found a lovely handmade Peruvian necklace. If you are unfamiliar with this store, they are a nonprofit fair trade retailer of artisan-crafted goods from around the world. The necklace I purchased has very intricate design with hand-made wiring and lime/sage green colored stones (see photos below).
I wanted to do a look that highlights the lovely greens in the necklace, so here you have it.
Keep in mind when you do a look that highlights a particular piece of jewelry, you want the rest of your look to be toned down, and not draw attention away from the jewelry you intend on being the focal point. For this look I’m actually just wearing an off white paper thin v-neck tee, skinny jeans and nude pumps. I wanted the rest of the outfit to be low-key so that the necklace stands out on its own.
For this look I used colors from a variety of palettes but I think the Kat Von D True Romance Ludwig palette is a great alternative to the colors I used and has just about everything you need all in one affordable kit ($34.00)
- Primer - Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- I used: Vanilla from Urban Decay 15 year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection
- Alternative color: Clay from Kat Von D True Rumance – Ludwig
- Inner half of eyelid
- I used: Mint from Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III
- Alternative color: Dimebag from Kat Von D True Rumance – Ludwig
- Outer half of eyelid and outer half of lower lash line
- I used: Moss from Tarte for True Blood Limited-Edition Palette
- Alternative color: Orbi from Kat Von D True Rumance – Ludwig
- Line upper and lower lash line with Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in black
- Mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Clinically-Proven Natural Mascara
- Apples: Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Glisten from Tarte Radiant & Rested Volume II
- Highlight: Tarte Provocateur Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Champagne from Tarte Radiant & Rested Volume II
- Contour: Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer
- Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Lip Luster in Glisten